Thursday, December 13, 2012

One of Those Awkward Introductory Posts

One of Those 

Cool Colors Cha Cha Bracelet - $55 from Pointy Snout Designs
I'm a crafter at heart - no clue how it started or when it really took hold. My grandmother taught me to knit at age eight but I've been dabbling at crafting long before then. One particularly memorable moment happens to be the night before Easter when I was about four or five - my mother never lets me live this one down.

We didn't have many Easter decorations that year and it just didn't seem right to me. So I waited until everyone fell asleep and pilfered the supplies in the bathroom. Dixie cups, cotton balls, tape, bandaids and some of my mother's makeup stash later and I had a whole army of chicks and bunnies and lambs to decorate the house.

Needless to say, my mother was horrified that I'd used up her supplies, but also a little amused and proud of my creativity and ingenuity. I've been going strong ever since.

If I had to describe my style, I'd be hard pressed to do so. I'm a little bit all over the place. I knit, I crochet, I quilt, I sew, I bind books and I work with jewelry. I've done everything from glassblowing to ceramics, spinning and weaving, and just about everything else under the sun.

The bracelet I linked to is representative of my shop and my style - you never know what you're going to find. This blog will hopefully let you guys, my customers and fans, get to know me just a little bit better.

Keep checking back for more content. We'll be featuring tutorials, give-aways, promotions and day-to-day craftiness from Pointy Snout Oddities Studios.

Right now, we're running a promotion until Christmas - all orders $10 and up get free domestic shipping (within the US). Just enter the code "JINGLEBELLS" at check out.

Stop by tomorrow to find out how we got our name and see some of our Fabulous Friday Finds, where we feature other exceptional artisans and crafters from Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment